Friday, July 18, 2014

The Start of a New School Year

It's almost that time of year to start thinking about a new school year. It's a very exciting time of year for teachers. It's a time where the creative gears in your brain start rotating on hyper drive. I find myself using all my alone minutes working on ways to teach my students new things and get things lined up and prepped to be a great teacher.

Today, I've broken out the textbook and reading chapters I didn't get to read last year searching for new information to use to help convey my excitement for cooking with my 8th grade students. My goal this year is to revamp my 8th grade class.

Yesterday, I went to Mardel to take advantage of a sale they had. By my 4th year of teaching I've nearly bought everything in that store. However, I found some great new decorations and bulletin board ideas and all I can think about now is getting into my room and start decorating it. I've got a great idea for the 1st day of school to get kids excited about FACS class and it will help create a bulletin board. I think it will be a huge hit with parents as they come to back to school night too.

I have so many ideas running through my brain right now that I find it hard to sleep at night. Working on becoming a great educator is something I am passionate about and I strive to be as years of practicing education continues. Just like doctors, we as educators can only practice our craft. There are new techniques, new practices and new ways to teach the millennial learner. I am most excited about the beginning of each school year because I've seen improvements in my skills. I can't wait to see how much I've grown as I start my 4th year of teaching.

Happy 2014-2015 to ALL!
27 More days of summer.

Mrs. Traughber