Thursday, August 14, 2014

2014-2015 First Day of School Reflection

What a great first day of school!! I am so excited to have so many familiar faces back in my classroom. In my 3 years of teaching I have never gotten to have that. I have always moved schools after a school year. I am so thankful to call LKMS my home. There are some unfamiliar faces. I am very excited to get to know those new students as well. I hope your first day of school or for the 6th graders- your first day of middle school was a successful one. Be ready for bumps in the road but it always works out. Perseverance is important in middle school.

I have prepared a letter for my new students who do not know me yet. I am looking forward to getting to know more students at LKMS as the year continues.

Dear New Students,

I am Mrs. Traughber your FACS teacher. This is my 4th year teaching and I think it will be my best one yet. This time last year I was barely holding on. I unexpectedly had my son 4 months early over the summer last year and when I started the school year last year he was barely hanging on. I think he may have been barely 2lbs. My son is my life now. I will share about him every chance I get. I hope you don't get bored of him because everything he does is precious to this 1st time mom.

Last year I didn't get to teach my classroom the way I wanted. I was out for 6 weeks when he came home & the students were transitioning between me and the long term sub & getting used to a new FACS teacher as the previous one had retired. This summer I had time to plan what we are going to do and make things my own so I am very excited about all we are going to do! I hope you are too.

There are some things you should know about me. Respect & communication is very important to me. I will always back you up & be there to support you. There is always a way around an obstetrical and I will be there for you to help you find a path. I love to experiment and try new ways of things. I want you to learn and I want others around you to learn as well. I work very hard for my students and will always try my hardest. I'm not perfect but I will try. I expect the same from my students.

Welcome to the FACS family and I am very excited to have you in my class. I hope you learn something and enjoy the class.

Mrs. T